This food company started developing tofu on a small scale in the ’80s. In 2019, Unisoya built a facility to double and automate its production line.
The company approached several automation integrators for the project and retained Lem Technologies services for our participatory functioning:
- Client involvement at the pre-engineering stage in order to establish a list of the motors and sensors/actuators needed for the automation of a production line
- Client involvement in the functional description of the automation of processes, which they had perfect control of, but only manually
As a result of this cooperation, Lem was able to design, manufacture and program the control panels for the two production lines of the new plant. We also developed a SCADA system to allow managers to collect the data required for quality standardization.
Unisoya highlighted the following benefits as outcomes of its automation project with Lem:
- Easy plant operation thanks to structured operator interfaces
- Production standardization thanks to sequences that have been set up properly
- Reduction of required workforce
- Production quality improvement thanks to effective control loops
- Better tracking of production thanks to daily reports
- Reduced downtimes thanks to cell phone alert messaging
- Remote access that allows operation and diagnosis from outside the plant